Finding inspiration for crochet and knit projects in the summer is always hard for me. I want to make cozy sweaters, hats and scarves, all year long but when summer hits and it’s almost 100 degrees outside the last thing I want to think about is sweaters. So, I tend to go for more home projects and crochet blankets are perfect. Crochet blankets have always been my “comfort” projects because I can work on them without having to focus too much. It’s also nice to be able to display unique handmade blankets throughout the house, they add that Hygge element i’m always going for.
This blanket made of up a short stitch repeat, (sc, 2dc), sk 2 ch. Once you get going with it it’s super easy but i’ve made a quick little video to help you along, see it here.
This post may contain affiliate links. read my full disclosure here
Purchase the printable PDF pattern here
I used Lion Brand Mandala Ombre in the shade Cool for this crochet blanket. I loved the gradual blending of this yarn. The colors made me think of the dark evening storms we get here in the summer, but this blanket would look stunning in any of the 12 shades they offer.
- ch1 at the beginning of row does not count as a st
- Size: 55”x48”
- Lion Brand Mandala Ombre in Cool or similar (4) yarn. 8 skeins or 2752yds
- 6.5mm Crochet hook. I use these.
- yarn needle
- Measuring tape
- 3 repeats x 5rows = 2” square
- Repeat= *(sc 2dc) sk 2 ch*
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Sk: skip
- St, Sts: Stitch, stitches
- * or **: Repeat what follows the * or **
- Ch 167
- Row 1: In 2nd ch from hook (sc, 2dc), sk 2 ch, *in the next ch (sc, 2dc), sk 2 ch*, repeat from * ending the row with a sc in the last ch, ch1, turn.
- Row 2: In the first sc, (sc, 2dc) *sk 2 dc, (sc, 2dc) in the next sc*, repeat from * ending the row with a sc in the last st, ch1, turn.
- Repeat Row 2 until your blanket reaches 55” long.
For the fringe I used 10” pieces of yarn folded in half and looped along the edge of the blanket. See the short video Here.
I’d love to see your work! Don’t forget to tag us with #elenaandkamila or @elenaandkamila on instagram!
You may sell items created from this pattern but, please credit Elena and Kamila. This pattern is for personal use . This pattern and photographs are property of Elena and Kamila, Please do not alter, rewrite or resell this pattern.