I love the Idea of making my own home decor items, like, crochet pillows. They give you the freedom of customizing the colors to perfectly match your home.
For this crochet pillow pattern I decided to go with a chunky yarn, Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick, to make the pillow cozy but also quick to work up. I added some Go For Faux yarn for some added softness and texture. The combo of these two make this pillow squishy and comfortable. So, it not only looks great, it feels great too. I’m already planning on making a couple more of these to put on my couch!
This post may contain affiliate links. read my full disclosure here
Purchase the printable PDF pattern here
The Bobble stitch
Yo, pull up a loop, yo pull through two loops, yo pull up a loop, yo pull through two loops, yo pull up a loop, yo pull through two loops, yo pull up a loop yo pull through two loops. At this point there should be 5 loops on your hook, yo pull through four loops, yo pull through last two loops, sc in next st.
- Ch2 and ch1 at beginning of rows does not count as a st
- The faux fur yarn can be a little tricky to work with since you can’t clearly see the stitches. You can however feel them, so just make sure you count your sts when you work the faux fur row.
- Each Panel measures about 18″x18″
- I used an 18″x18″ pillow insert but depending on how firm you’d like your pillow you could also use a 20″x20″ pillow insert.
- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick yarn I used the colors Slate(a) about 120 yds and Succulent(b) one full skein about 212 yds
- Lion Brand Go For Faux Yarn one full skein, I used the color Chinchilla
- 18″x18″ pillow insert
- 9mm crochet hook
- yarn needle
4sts x 2rows =2” square all dc
- ch: chain
- yo: yarn over
- st, sts: stitch, stitches
- sl st: slip stitch
- sc: single crochet
- dc: double crochet
- bo: bobble
- Row 1: color (a) ch 37, dc in 3rd ch from hook and dc across (35) ch2, turn
- Rows 2-3: dc across, ch2 turn
- Row 4: dc across, ch1 turn
- Row 5: switch to fur yarn, sc across ch 1, turn
- Row 6: Switch to color (b) sc to end of row, ch 1, turn
- Row 7: sc, bo, sc to end of row, ch 1, turn
- Row 8: sc to end of row, ch1, turn
- Row 9: switch to fur yarn, sc across, switch to color (a) ch2, turn
- Row 10-15: color (a) dc to end of row, ch 2, turn
- Row 16: dc across, ch 1, turn
- Row 17: switch to fur yarn, sc across ch 1, turn
- Row 18: Switch to color (b) sc to end of row, ch 1, turn
- Row 19: sc, bo, sc to end of row, ch 1, turn
- Row 20: sc to end of row, ch1, turn
- Row 21: switch to fur yarn, sc across, switch to color (a) ch2, turn
- Row 22-25: color (a) dc to end of row, ch2 turn ends with row 25
- Row 1: color (b) ch 37, dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc across (35), ch 2 turn
- Rows 2-25: dc across, ch 2, turn
- At the end of row 25 leave a long tail about 2yds long for seaming
Feel free to use your preferred method for seaming. I used the mattress stitch to seam around 3 sides, stuffed the pillow inside and seamed the top shut.
I’d love to see your work! Don’t forget to tag us with #elenaandkamila or @elenaandkamila on instagram!
You may sell items created from this pattern but, please credit Elena and Kamila. This pattern is for personal use . This pattern and photographs are property of Elena and Kamila, Please do not alter, rewrite or resell this pattern.