A beach bag and phone pouch set
The Dunes crochet beach bag and phone pouch are a great summer staple. Use them for the pool, the beach or to go with any outfit. Both pieces are beginner level and work up quickly using just chains and single crochet. I made the phone pouch to have a slightly larger handle than the beach bag so that it can easily be slipped onto your wrist. I used Big Twist Textile Yarn in Tan. Bernat Homemaker is a similar yarn that could be substituted but is slightly less bulky so be sure to match gauge.
Find the Printable PDF version of this pattern here.
This post may contain affiliate links. read my full disclosure here
- This bag is worked in the round. After the first row the rounds will be continuous. You will not be doing any ch or slip stitch at the end of the rounds.
- The ch2 in rows 1 and 2 will count as one st.
- The phone pouch will have a st increase around the handle, so that it can be worn on the wrist.
- The yarn used is a cotton/polyamide blend in Super Bulky Weight.
6sts x 6 rows in sc = 2″x2″
- 8 mm • US size L-11
- Big Twist Textile yarn in Tan about 324 yards or 3 skeins ( this yarn has been discontinued, here are some similar options with clickable links): Fox Yarn, Bernat Home Dec, Hoooked zpaghetti
- Yarn Needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- sk: skip
- st(s): stitch(es)
- *: repeat
- Begin ch 44
- Row 1 sc in 2nd from hook, sc across, ch2
- Row 2 sc along the bottom of starting ch, ch2
- Rounds 3-38 sc in next st to connect and continue around in every st (88 sts)
- use st markers to mark 44 sts for the front and 44 sts for the back
- Round 39 sc next 10 sts, ch 24 sts, sk 24 sts, sc next 20 sts, ch 24,(skip 24 sts), sc 10 sts
- Rounds 40-44 sc around, to end the final round sl st into the first st.
Begin Ch 11
Row 1 sc 2nd from hook, sc across, ch2 (11 sts)
Row 2 sc along the bottom of starting ch, ch2
Rounds 3-19 sc in next st to connect and continue around in every st (22 sts)
use st markers to mark 11 sts in the front and 11 sts in the back
Round 20 sc next 2 sts, ch 12, sk 7 sts, sc next 4 sts, ch 12 sts, sk 7 sts, sc 2 sts (32 sts)
Rounds 21-22 sc around, to end the final round sl st into the first st,
A great addition to this set is The Sandbar Crochet Sarong, it is another free pattern that can be found on my blog.
Thank you so much for being here and for your support! it means so much to me! I hope you are having a great summer!!
I’d love to see your work! Don’t forget to tag us with #elenaandkamila or @elenaandkamila on instagram!
You may sell items created from this pattern but, please credit Elena and Kamila. This pattern is for personal use . This pattern and photographs are property of Elena and Kamila, Please do not alter, rewrite or resell this pattern.