A quick, Easy Pattern
The Compass Beanie is one of my absolute favorite beanie patterns because it works up quickly and is super easy! It’s also a pretty universal style, it works for men, women and kids. I tend to make these every fall is a bunch of colors and just wear them constantly throughout the cold weather months.
Purchase the ad free pdf on Etsy.
This post may contain affiliate links. read my full disclosure here
- This hat is worked in rows to form a rectangle the stitched up the side and closed at the top.
- The Top of the hat will have Hdc to help it be less bulky when closed.
- The last stitch at the bottom of the hat will include Both loops.
- Pattern is written for women’s size hat. See chart for additional sizes.
|Age||Beginning Chain||Height||Hat Width|
|Toddler (1-3 years)||43||10”||15”|
- BLO: Back Loop Only
- Ch: Chain
- Hdc: Half double crochet
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Dc: Double Crochet
- * or **: Repeat what follows
- 7sts x 4rows=2” square all DCs
- 5.5mm/ I Hook
- Hobby Lobby I Love this Yarn or Similar (4) Yarn
- Measuring tape
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- Blocking Mat
- Dc in 2nd ch from hook, dc next 45 sts, hdc last 5 sts, ch1, turn
- *dc next 5 sts in both loops, dc blo next 44 sts, dc both loops final st, ch1, turn
- Dc both loops 1st st, dc blo next 44 sts, hdc both loops last 5 sts, ch1, turn*
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until hat is 17” wide, finishing at the bottom end.
- Fold rectangle in half, and Sl st or use mattress stitch to seam the hat up along the side, turn inside out.
- Using a yarn needle, weave yarn along the top opening and cinch closed.
- Weave in ends and fold brim.
I’d love to see your work! Don’t forget to tag us with #elenaandkamila or @elenaandkamila on instagram!
You may sell items created from this pattern but, please credit Elena and Kamila. This pattern is for personal use . This pattern and photographs are property of Elena and Kamila, Please do not alter, rewrite or resell this pattern.
Hi! Thanks for the pattern! Quick question: on row 2, should the first 5 stitches be HDC and then move to the DCBLO? Thanks!
Hi Emmy! Yes that is correct