A modern crochet hair scarf
I’ve been loving the skinny scarf trend lately and since I’ve been working on some Charleston inspired patterns I thought this crochet hair scarf would be the perfect addition. The long version of this scarf can be tied around your neck and both the short and the long version can be used as hair accessories. A crochet hair scarf is the perfect accessory to throw on that really makes you look put together without having to try too hard.
This post may contain affiliate links. read my full disclosure here
For this pattern I used Sewrella Yarn Nylon Sock this hand dyed yarn is perfect for this crochet hair scarf because you can really get creative and use some bold colors or stick to neutral colors that will go with everything.
you can purchase the printable pdf of the calhoun crochet hair scarf pattern on etsy here or on ravelry here.
- The ch1 throughout this pattern does not count as a st.
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- sk: skip
- st(s): stitch(es)
- Sewrella Yarn Nylon Sock or similar yarn
- short: 104 yds
- Long: 150 yds
- 3.5mm/ E4 crochet hook. I use these.
- Darning needle
10 sts x 7 rows = 2″ x 2″in dc
- This pattern includes a short and a long version of the Calhoun Hair scarf. The Short version will measure 25″ long x 3.75″ wide (blocked). The Long version will measure 35.5″ long x 3.75″ wide (blocked)
- -The short and long sizes will be worked the same except for the beginning ch which will be written as follows: (Short, Long)
- ch (122, 172)
- Row 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook and dc across, do not ch (120, 170 sts)
- Rows 2-6 sk first st, dc across, sk last st, do not ch
- st count (110, 160)
- Row 7 dc all sts across, ch1
- Rows 8- 13 2dc in the first st, dc across, 2dc in the last st
- st count ( 120, 170)
I’d love to see your work! Don’t forget to tag us with #elenaandkamila or @elenaandkamila on instagram!
You may sell items created from this pattern but, please credit Elena and Kamila. This pattern is for personal use . This pattern and photographs are property of Elena and Kamila, Please do not alter, rewrite or resell this pattern.