Our most popular crochet Beanie.
The Beanie that started it all
When I started crocheting a few years ago, while pregnant with my first daughter, I mainly focused on baby blankets. After she was born I kept seeing all of these super cute matching mommy and me outfits and I instantly thought of making a mommy and me beanie set, and so the Isabel crochet beanie came to life.
I love patterns with repetitive stitches, this pattern is perfect for market preps and has been super popular on my Etsy shop.
Beginner level crochet beanie pattern
The Isabel crochet beanie pattern uses beginner level stitches in a three row repeat so after the first few rows you won’t need to keep referencing anything which helps make this a quick project.
This beanie is worked in the round from the bottom up and seamed at the top. The Pattern is written for a woman’s size. Additional sizes included in chart below.
This post may contain affiliate links. read my full disclosure here.
- About 200 yards of Hobby Lobby I love this yarn or any other similar category 4 yarn. I’ve made this with all types of yarns, this Malabrigo Rios makes my favorite high end version. Lion Brand Yarn Pound of Love is also a great option.
- 5.5mm Crochet hook/ I hook
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn
–This hat is worked in the round, from the bottom up.
-Pattern is written for women’s size, see chart for additional sizes
-when making the brim, the ch1 does not count as a st
7sts x 5 rows = 2″ square in hdc
blo: back loop only
hdc: half double crochet
ks: knit stitch
ps: puff stitch
sc: single crochet
sl st: slip stitch
yo: yarn over
After you have done your Sc row, Yo, insert your hook into the next st, Yo pull up loop, (you will have 3 loops on your hook, image 1)Yo and insert hook into same st, Yo and pull back through. (you should have a total of 5 loops on your hook, image 2). Yo and pull through 4 loops, Yo and pull through the last 2 loops (image 3). Do not ch between each ps.
After you complete your row of Hdc you are going to locate the 3rd loop of the Hdc st. Locate the front and back loops (image 1), turn your work slightly towards you and the loop directly below your back loop is the 3rd loop (image 2). Use this loop for your row of sc to create a knit stitch.
Row 1 sc into 2nd ch from hook, sc remaining 7 sts, ch1, turn (8sts)
Rows 2- sc in both loops of 1st st, sc blo next 6 sts, sc both loops last st, ch1, turn
sl st the last rown and 1st row together to complete the band, flip inside out so seam is hidden
Ch 1, Sc in each row around the band, Sl st
(after this row you will not be doing a sl st or ch 1 at the end of each round. You will be working the first st of each round into the last st of the previous round. Use a stitch marker if necessary.)
Rounds 1-2 Hdc for 2 rounds
Round 3 ks around
Round 4 ps around
Round 5 ps around
- Repeat rounds 1-5 until hat reaches a height of 9.5”
- Sl St and cut yarn leaving a long tail and pull through
- Lay your hat flat so the Sl St is in the middle
- Using your yarn needle, insert the tail directly across and pull through
- Your hat will now be attached in the middle, thread needle though the middle of each of the sides one at a time. This will result in a cross shape. Continue to do this with the four corners until it is closed off.
- Knot off and weave in your ends.
Purchase the Printable PDF Pattern Here
Need some Faux Fur Pom Poms? Check out our Etsy Shop
You may sell items created from this pattern but, please credit Elena and Kamila. This pattern is for personal use . This pattern and photographs are property of Elena and Kamila, Please do not alter, rewrite or resell this pattern.
Don’t forget to tag us with #elenaandkamila or @elenaandkamila on instagram!